Saturday, May 7, 2016

My May TBR List: Vote

MyTBRList

My To-Be Read List is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Each month you pick three books on your TBR list and people vote on the one you should read that month. What a great way to get me to read more from my pile, right?

***

No...I did not finish reading April's TBR book. :/


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Legend_Marie_Lu_Book_cover.jpg


I started reading three books in April, got halfway through each one but then stopped because major final projects for school took over. Luckily, the semester ends in another week and I really hope I can get back to my leisure reading. Yet at the same time my brain is fried with all the textbook readings and papers I had to write.  I need sleep...or a hug...or chocolate...

So for the month of May I want to focus on lighter reads. This month's theme for my TBR vote is: Picture books.

Book 1


http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1332307152l/13504055.jpg


Back in my teens, I was obsessed with Anne Rice. Even to this day I stay devoted to her by buying her books. It has been a while since I've read a book by her so it might be time to revisit her. I got this comic book style of Anne Rice's Interview With the Vampire. This story is told through Claudia's eyes instead of Louis or Lestat. The artwork in this book is quite stunning.

Book 2
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QVM2VXGML._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've had this book for years. It's an illustrated novel about forbidden love. The artwork in this one is gorgeous as well. It's not a comic book. It's simply a story with various illustrations and "pop-ups" to make the reading more interesting. The artwork for this book is also used in Tarot cards. 


Book 3

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B2aS0r59L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yes, there's a graphic novel version of Outlander and it's told through Jamie's eyes! I bought this one ages ago when Borders was closing (*sigh* Borders). Outlander is in my heart and it would be nice to read my favorite book hero's POV of what happened.



Now, it's time to vote!


10 comments:

  1. I went with graphic Interview with the Vampire, because I went through that too! She's actually quite interesting to follow on Facebook. :) I read the Outlander graphic novel awhile ago and honestly it just didn't wow me as much as I wanted it to. So here's to hoping that the Interview one is cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man...that's too back about the Outlander graphic novel. But hey...if I read it, it would be one less book in my TBR.

      Delete
  2. I understand about school getting in the way. I hope you are able to read more this month. I voted for Interview with a Vampire. It'd be interesting to read the story through Claudia's point of view, I think! I hope you enjoy whichever wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding and thank you for your vote!

      Delete
  3. I went with the Outlander graphic novel mostly because I want to read the books myself. Hope you enjoy whatever wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first three in the Outlander series, but I do wish to continue it. Maybe Exile will help motivate me to tackle the large reads.

      Delete
  4. I voted for the Exile, but it was between that and Interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was hard to decide thus I put them in the vote. Thanks for voting, Sarah!

      Delete
  5. This was hard! I voted for Exile too....but my 2nd choice was Interview with a Vampire. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete